March 10, 2020
With the recent outbreak of Coronavirus (COVID-19) we are actively monitoring the latest developments, as knowledge evolves daily. Malace|HR is committed to following all Federal, State and Local guidance as to how and when to take further steps to execute plans that will help reduce community spread, while also preventing workplace exposure to our employees.
Person to person spread of COVID-19 appears to spread via respiratory transmission. Symptoms are similar to those of influenza (fever, cough, and shortness of breath). The current outbreak is occurring during a time of year when respiratory illnesses from influenza and other viruses are highly prevalent; therefore, if you are experiencing any symptoms, please contact your physician immediately.
Our employee health and safety, and providing environments that have minimal risk is the utmost importance to Malace|HR. We are asking all employees to take precautions to prevent the spread of infectious diseases, by implementing the following:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- If we believe you pose a risk to other employees, we will ask you to go home until you are well.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 30 seconds (say the alphabet to gage time), especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- Carry hand sanitizer with you, and use this regularly if you cannot wash your hands often. Hand sanitizers with at least 60% alcohol, such as Purell, are the most effective.
- Employees will be given hand sanitizer when available.
Our primary goal of implementation of these safeguards is to ensure our employees and their families’ health remains paramount at all times. We will continue to communicate with our employees as new information is obtained.
If you have any concerns, please contact Malace|HR headquarters or report to your manager.
Corporate Phone Number: 248.720.2500